Citrix Workspace app is an easy-to-install client application that provides secure and seamless access to your apps, files, and desktops. It is free to download and use. Citrix Workspace app allows you access from various devices, including smartphones, tablets, and Windows or Mac computers. However, as it derives functionality and characteristics from Citrix Receiver, a Citrix Receiver vs Citrix Workspace app comparison will help you understand why you should upgrade.
Citrix Receiver or Citrix Workspace App – What Citrix Recommends?
Citrix Receiver is not a standalone program, and it comes included in XenApp and XenDesktop subscriptions. On the other hand, Citrix Workspace app is an independent product and can be installed separately. Some users continue to use Citrix Receiver as it supports any desktop platforms such as Windows, Mac, and Linux. Citrix Workspace app provides support for all the platforms and devices supported by Citrix Receiver with added features. Thus, Citrix no more recommends the use of Citrix Receiver as client software.
What Are the Salient Features of Citrix Workspace App?
- Citrix Workspace app is available through a free download.
- Unlike Citrix Receiver, Citrix Workspace app brings everything you need at your fingertips, be it files, applications, or desktops.
- The app is fully backward-compatible with your business’s Citrix infrastructure.
- It offers the full capabilities of Citrix Receiver with added benefits for your organization based on the existing Citrix deployment.
- Citrix Workspace app eliminates the need for different clients to access different Citrix products.
- Using Citrix Workspace app, users get the latest interface with the ability to access Citrix Workspace, including files and applications. At the same time, Citrix Receiver only allows you to view file names with a basic, older interface.
- If the Workspace authentication method is Azure AD enabled, Citrix Receiver users with older versions see an error message while Citrix Workspace app users can access Workspace.
Citrix Workspace App with Citrix Virtual Desktops
Citrix Workspace app provides a simplified console for end-users to access virtual desktops. If you have legacy applications from an on-premises Citrix Virtual Desktops deployment, Citrix Workspace app helps you deliver all the desktops and applications through a single integrated user interface. Also, you get the freedom to choose how users should be authenticated. There are options such as Active Directory Authentication, Active Directory plus Token Authentication, and Azure AD Authentication.
Apps4Rent – A Trusted Name for Cost-Effective Virtual Desktops Deployments
Apps4Rent brings a wide range of desktop virtualization services from the leading service providers such as Citrix and Microsoft Azure. We are a Citrix partner for Citrix Virtual Desktops and a Tier 1 Microsoft CSP to help you deploy and manage all Azure services, including Windows Virtual Desktops. We are available 24/7 via phone, chat, and email to support your organization’s Virtual Desktop implementation initiatives. Contact us today.