RSLogix 5000 is an intuitive and easy programmable logic controller (PLC) language that is widely used for industrial automation. It is used for creating instructions to control devices, machinery, and manufacturing plants. Renamed Studio 5000 Logix Designer, the software helps engineers speed the development of automation systems by providing an application-centric view of code, workflows for efficient reuse of content, and collaborative tools, in an intuitive environment. Design engineers can develop all the elements of their control system and ensure that their work and information can be used downstream for operation and maintenance. In this article, we will focus on the system requirements for RSLogix 5000 (Studio 5000).
What Are the System Specifications for RSLogix 5000?
The latest version of RSLogix 5000 is Studio 5000 Logix Designer, version 33.00.00. Below are the system requirements for Studio 5000.
- The application should work on operating systems Windows 7/ Windows Server 2012 upward. However, Windows 10 v1703 / Windows Server 2016 or later is recommended to support 2K or 4K High-Resolution Display with scaling up to 125%.
- Studio 5000 works best with the Intel Core i5 Standard Power processor (i5-3xxx series) and upwards with a 2.4GHz processing speed. However, it can be supported even with a Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz processor.
- An 8 GB RAM is recommended for the Designer application. However, it can function even on a system with 4 GB RAM.
- Personal computers need at least 16 GB of hard disk space. However, 20 GB of free space is recommended to ensure that there is no compromise on performance.
- A DirectX 9 graphics device with a WDDM 1.0 or higher driver is recommended for optimal performance.
Why Run Rockwell Studio 5000 on Virtual Machine?
Running Studio 5000 on a virtual desktop can minimize the overheads involved in installing, updating, and managing the software. Here are the advantages of running RSLogix 5000 (Studio 5000) on virtual machines.
- It minimizes the hassles involved in reconfiguring the settings while switching physical machines.
- The virtual machine can be customized to run RSLogix 5000 or Studio 5000, while the primary machine can continue to be used for other purposes.
- As a business-critical application, it would be better protected on a virtual machine than on a laptop/ desktop computer.
- Virtual machines can be backed up automatically in off-site locations. This ensures that data can be recovered at a short notice, even during unexpected events. This is not possible with physical computers, which have to be backed up manually.
Apps4Rent Can Host PLC Platforms
Control programming platforms can be a drain on the computing resources if not handled correctly. Additionally, many of these applications are sensitive to changes in the system configuration that may be the case with other applications when they are updated. This could be a challenge for uses with these applications installed on their desktops or laptops.
Apps4Rent offers secure virtual machines from our top-tier SSAE 16 certified data centers in New York and New Jersey to host these applications. Call, email, or chat with our consultants, available 24/7 via phone, chat, and email for assistance.