Enterprises worldwide are seeking a more agile, easy, and secure way of doing business. Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) offers maximum fluidity with device and location independence. It can be accessed using Remote Desktop (RD) clients on different devices.
Let us explore how Windows Virtual Desktop cloud smartly helps businesses meet their expectations.
Why Should Businesses Use Windows Virtual Desktop?
Businesses need Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) or hosted desktop as a service solutions without the burden of building or maintaining this infrastructure. They prefer cloud desktops as a managed service that includes the operating system (OS), tools, and other components so that they get everything in one place.
With a comprehensive solution from Microsoft, they get everything under one umbrella.
How Does WVD Simplify Operations?
The simplicity of using WVD without having to pay for hardware, easy licensing (usage rights are included in Windows E3 and Office 365 ProPlus licenses), and multi-session capabilities have taken virtualization to the next level. Those who are still with Windows 7 will get an extended free security update for the next three years.
Here’s a quick rundown of what WVD can do.
Windows Virtual Desktop Capabilities
- WVD is a typical example of fluid flexibility that it brings to companies. Users get the same desktop experience from anywhere, using any RD client application (Windows, Mac, HTML5, Android).
- Complete virtualization of desktops and apps that are easy to be assigned to users.
- Decrease in capital expenditure by reducing hardware expenses.
- Supports persistent/nonpersistent VDIs with dedicated or multi-session uses.
- No compulsion to deploy or maintain on-premise infrastructure. Gateway, brokering, licensing, and diagnostic services come as an Azure service.
- Reduced CAPEX cost frees up funds to be utilized elsewhere.
- Saving money through multi-session and reducing the number of virtual machines (VMs) through their optimized allocation.
- Benefits of extra security control via multifactor authentication (MFA) through Azure Active Directory.
- Additional security is ensured as the virtual machines (VMs) in WVD do not get a direct internet connection. Using the private IP address, they remain separated from other workloads or the internet through the technology of reverse connect (the reverse connect technology allows access to virtual machines without the need of inbound ports. Instead, an outbound connection using TCP/443 is made into the WVD management plane).
- Optimization of Office 365 ProPlus.
- Enterprises already using Windows 10 Enterprise E3 Per User license, Windows 10 Enterprise E5 or Microsoft 365 E3, E5, F1, or Business or RDS CALs can use Windows Virtual Desktop without any extra expense. The only expense would be for Azure storage and network.
The list is just the tip of the iceberg. With time Microsoft could unfold yet more potential advantages of WVD. But for now, we hope to have given you a bird’s eye view of the benefits you will get through WVD.
Apps4Rent Can Help You With WVD
As a Tier 1 Microsoft CSP, Apps4Rent can provision Windows Virtual Desktop for your business. Contact our Microsoft certified experts available 24/7 via phone chat and email for promotional prices on plans and implementation assistance.