In today’s volatile trading floors, every millisecond matters. There is immense stress on both the man and the machine to operate on market data, graphics, and streaming audio/video content, simultaneously in real-time. Consequently, there are several technological challenges in modern trading floors that range from managing several devices, delivering live market prices without lag, and a consistent user experience.
While electronic trading platforms such as MetaTrader can empower institutions and online retail foreign exchange speculative traders with advanced technical analysis tools and automated trading systems, among other features, the physical workstations on which they are deployed can become bottlenecks in executing trades with the desired speed. In this article on how to use MetaTrader virtual hosting on a cloud desktop, we will show you how using virtual desktop infrastructure can improve your trading.
What Are the Advantages of MetaTrader Virtual Hosting?
The MetaTrader online trading system comprises two major components, the server, which is managed by your broker, and a client terminal, with which customers can see prices, charts, and place their orders. In addition to these, there could be other intermediaries and third-party bridges, all of which rely on computing power to work seamlessly and execute trades quickly at the right prices. MetaTrader virtual hosting on virtual private servers (VPS) or cloud desktops can ensure that there are sufficient resources to process orders quickly, even for automated and high-frequency trading (HFT). Here are some of the other advantages of hosting MetaTrader on virtual desktops.
- If you prefer the desktop version of MetaTrader, but need to access your trading terminal remotely, MetaTrader hosting on cloud desktop ensures that you have access to the familiar user-interface for trading.
- Hosting MetaTrader on cloud desktops can increase data safety and security. By virtualizing MetaTrader, you can ensure that sensitive data is not stored on physical devices such as desktops and laptops, which are not only prone to malicious attacks but can also malfunction. Cloud desktops, on the other hand, can be accessed from anywhere, with any device, and are protected by advanced safety features, such as multi-factor authentication (MFA).
- If you are automating trades, you cannot afford to have your server down. Hosting MetaTrader components on cloud desktops will ensure that your (or your client’s) trades are executed whenever they are triggered, even when your physical devices are off.
- You can execute trades faster and minimize slippages with MetaTrader VPS and cloud hosting. This is because there is greater flexibility in terms of physical infrastructure such as RAM, storage space, and networking bandwidth, which can aid in transmitting your orders faster. Additionally, by hosting MetaTrader on a public cloud solution such as Azure Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD), you can even choose a location for your server that is close to your broker/ trading exchange to minimize the transmission time.
- Lastly, virtualizing MetaTrader on a cloud desktop can prove to be a cost-effective solution in the long run. Not only will this minimize floor space and power consumption by eliminating the use of physical servers or desktop computers, but traders will also have access to computing resources on-demand, which can help in saving capital costs.
How to Set Up MetaTrader On Virtual Desktop?
Hosting MetaTrader on a virtual desktop is similar to setting up the software on any physical computer.
- Log in to your virtual desktop using the credentials provided by the hosting service provider.
- Download MetaTrader files using a browser of your choice.
- Run the MetaTrader setup files with admin rights on your virtual desktop.
- Proceed with the steps for installation, and double click on the MetaTrader icon.
- Use your trading account credentials provided by your broker to start using MetaTrader on your virtual desktop.
Apps4Rent Can Help with MetaTrader Virtual Hosting on Cloud Desktop
While it is possible to rent a VPS from MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 platforms, this facility may not be the most beneficial for retail traders whose brokerages are not equipped to deploy their trading systems but need MetaTrader Expert Advisors compatibility. If you are a trader in the small to medium end of the retail sector, Apps4Rent can empower you with virtual desktops leveraging virtualization solutions from providers such as Citrix and Microsoft, deployed on our top-tier SSAE 16 level data centers, or a public cloud, such as Azure. Contact our virtualization export, available 24/7 via phone, chat, and email for hosting plans.