What Are the System Requirements for Cinema 4D with OctaneRender?
Cinema 4D by Maxon is a popular 3D software suite comprising tools and functions for modeling, animation, simulation, and rendering. It is an ideal application for single artists and small teams. It offers several unique capabilities that typically require scripting. With Cinema 4D, users can create fast and easy workflows by cloning objects, creating extruded text, adding effects, and creating motions. It also offers a wide range of tools for cel-shading, cartoons, and technical drawings. It is increasingly used in films because of its excellent projection mapping capabilities, and ability to support several file formats that can integrate into almost any pipeline. In this article, we will focus on the system requirements for using Octane Renderer with Cinema 4D.
Why Use Octane Renderer with Cinema 4D?
Although Cinema 4D includes standard/physical render engines, most professionals use GPU (Graphics Processing Units) renderers, because they are faster and can handle textures, lighting, and cameras better. Here are some of the advantages of using Octane Renderer with Cinema 4D.
- Unlike standard or physical rendering in Cinema 4D in which rendering a single frame can take several minutes, the GPU rendering technology of Octane Renderer makes it possible to render scenes in seconds.
- The LiveViewer Interactive Preview Region (IPR) in Octane makes it possible for users to see rendered scenes almost in real-time.
- It will soon be possible for users to use Octane with other 3D software applications as well.
- It has a large and growing community of users who can help with the renderer.
What Are the System Requirements for Cinema 4D and Octane Renderer?
System Requirements for Cinema 4D
- While the technical specifications of Maxon products, such as Cinema 4D change with versions and updates, here are the system specifications of typical mid-range to high-end Windows machines.
- Cinema 4D is optimized for Windows 10 64-bit Version 1809 or higher and works best with 64-bit Intel and AMD CPUs with SSE3 support.
- Although it can be supported with 8GB RAM (Random Access Memory), Maxon recommends the use of 16GB RAM.
- The application has been proven to work with NVIDIA Maxwell GPUs (Graphics Processing Units), AMD Polaris, and Intel Kaby Layke GPUs with DirectX 12 with feature level 11.0.
System Requirements for OctaneRender
Here are the recommended hardware and software specs for OctaneRender.
- While OctaneRender supports all major operating systems, it is recommended to use the 64-bit version of Windows 7 or higher for Microsoft-powered machines.
- OctaneRender does not use CPU for rendering. However, using a multi-core CPU can improve scene-loading speeds.
- Lastly, OctaneRender only supports CUDA-enabled NVIDIA video cards for rendering. Although an eGPU solution might support the use of internal AMD GPU cards, OTOY does not offer assistance with issues.
Apps4Rent Can Help with Cinema 4D and OctaneRender Hosting
Computer-aided design (CAD) and Computer-aided modeling (CAM) applications such as Cinema 4D and OctaneRender have very specific hardware and software requirements that are often difficult to meet with on-premises machines that are not easy to upgrade.
The alternative is to deploy these software applications on virtual machines.
As a Microsoft and Citrix partner, Apps4Rent provisions scalable and customizable GPU-enabled virtual machines hosted in our top-tier SSAE 16 datacenters or Azure for hosting applications such as Cinema 4D, Blender, AutoCAD, and Adobe Photoshop. Contact our cloud hosting consultants, available 24/7 via phone, chat, and email for assistance.