CloudDesktopOnline Scholarship Program
CloudDesktopOnline, a division of Apps4Rent LLC, a leading provider of Cloud hosted software, is hereby announcing its scholarship program for 2016/2017.
At CloudDesktopOnline, we realize that young students today need encouragement and financial help to educate themselves for the technologies of tomorrow. Therefore, we are offering a scholarship award of $1000 to one student whose essay on the applications of Cloud-based desktops is adjudged the best one.
Here are the conditions to enroll and participate in the CloudDesktopOnline Scholarship Program.
- Any student who is currently enrolled in the Fall/Spring school year of 2016/2017, at any university, college, technical or trade school located within the United States or Canada
- Students must be 17 years of age or older at the time they enroll
- Students must be USA/Canadian citizens or US permanent residents, or hold a valid student visa to study in the United States or Canada.
Student applicants are expected to provide an original essay with the following specifications:
- A title
- The length of the essay should be between 500 to 750 words
- Appropriate citations must be provided for any source material.
- Each student will have to choose ONE (1) profession (e.g. accounting, engineering, law, medicine, education, healthcare, insurance, real estate, finance, information technology, and others) that benefits from Cloud-based desktops and to answer the following questions in their essay submission:
- Which desktop software applications commonly used in the chosen profession are suitable for use on a Cloud desktop?
- How do practitioners in the chosen profession benefit from Cloud-based desktops?
The best essay will be chosen based on relevance, originality and creativity. The decision of CloudDesktopOnline representatives will be final.
Each applicant is allowed to submit only ONE essay for consideration. Submissions should be received by Midnight (Central Time) on 31st December, 2017 (new deadline).
How to Apply:
- Register to participate in the Scholarship program by sending the below required information in the email body and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Student’s full name
- Email ID
- Date of Birth
- Field of Studies
- Essay (In a word doc as an attachment)
- Choose a profession that could benefit from Cloud–based desktops.
- Write your essay about this topic answering the specified questions.
- Students also need to post the essay on your website or blog and write “Submission for CloudDesktopOnline Scholarship Award 2016/2017” at the end of the post and include links back to our home page as well as the scholarship page on our website.
- If you don’t have a blog, you can create a free blog on WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr, Squarespace or Medium.
- Share your post on your favorite social media such as Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and others with a tag #CloudDesktopOnlineScholarship
- Communicate with us by emailing to email@example.com
Deadline: Submission date for the articles is midnight (Central Time) 31st December, 2017.
Decision: CloudDesktopOnline representatives will make its decision upon the winning application by 31st January, 2018 and will notify the successful candidate directly and the decision will be published on the CloudDesktopOnline website.
Award Payment: The scholarship payment will be forwarded to the student by 15th March, 2018.
*Submitted essays for the award will become the property of CloudDesktopOnline’s parent Apps4Rent LLC. CloudDesktopOnline/Apps4Rent LLC may use the participant’s name, image, and any other necessary information in promotional efforts related to the scholarship program.